All users of the site must accept and agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
1. Carers Cafe - Terms & Conditions For Online Purchases
In these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless otherwise stated:
(i) The website – The Carers Cafe website at www.carerscafe.co.uk
(ii) User – any purchaser and/or user of any of our Programs, Products and/or Services.
(iii) Item or items – programs, products or services such as downloadable tools, online training courses and online events.
(iv) Point of sale - the time at which an item is made available for download and a registered user confirms their intention to purchase the item.
1.2 Carers Cafe is a coaching and online training business, focusing on personal development and self-care for unpaid carers.
1.3 The Carers Cafe web site is part of Edge To Edge Thinking. CARERSCAFE is a trading name of Edge To Edge Thinking.
1.4 The following terms and conditions relate to access paid online training courses and online courses provided free of charge via the website www.carerscafe.co.uk and must be accepted to enable access to these courses.
1.6 Carers Cafe reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notification.
2. General conditions
2.1 All items purchased are for the sole use of the registered user or subscriber (individual or organisational) as the case may be, and are for private and domestic use only. The registered user undertakes not to copy, distribute, share or otherwise broadcast any items purchased from Carers Cafe.
2.2 All details provided through the site for the purposes of purchasing items are correct at the time of purchase.
2.3 All communication with Carers Cafe in respect of the purchase of items should be done through the site or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2.4 As part of the registration process for paid courses, all users must define a username, provide a valid email address and create a password. It is the responsibility of the registered user to ensure that every effort is made to keep the registration details secure and not to disclose them to anyone. Usernames cannot be transferred and registered users must not permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone other than themselves to use their username and password for the purchase of items.
2.5 It is the responsibility of the registered user to keep the username, password and contact details up-to-date.
2.6 These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by English law as if the contract was wholly entered into and wholly performed within England. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
3. Conditions of order processing
3.1 Items may be purchased using the following credit / debit cards: Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch and Visa or Paypal.
3.2 Items are generally available from their release date; occasionally, technical reasons may result in a delay to registered users being able to access the item. Carers Cafe will make all reasonable endeavours to resolve any technical issues as soon as possible.
3.3 Credit / debit cards are debited at point of sale as defined in clause 1.1(v). Any delay to the registered user's access to the item for technical reasons will be dealt with as outlined in item 3.2.
3.4 Prices quoted on the site are inclusive of VAT unless explicitly stated and represent the price that will be charged to the registered user’s credit or debit card at point of sale.
3.5 The contract is formed between Carers Cafe and the registered user at the point of sale and will be confirmed by email to the address supplied through the site. This confirmation email amounts to our acceptance of your offer to purchase the item.
3.6 Whilst CARERSCAFE makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of prices on the site, errors may occur. Carers Cafe will use their best endeavours to correct any errors as soon as possible and to notify registered users of any amendments where such amendment affects their purchase of an item. The registered user will be given the option to cancel their order or to reconfirm the purchase of the item at the amended price. Carers Cafe is under no obligation to fulfil a purchase order for an item which was advertised at the incorrect price.
3.7 Purchased items are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable except where the registered user can prove that the item was wrongly described or was incorrectly supplied or where a user is invoking any money back guarantees.
3.8 Any item which is found to be damaged or incomplete should be notified to Carers Cafe by email to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after point of sale. Carers Cafe will take reasonable steps to provide an amended item within 14 days of notification or refund the cost of the item.
3.9 It is the responsibility of the registered user to submit refund claims within 14 days of point of sale. Carers Cafe operates money back guarantees for most of its paid courses. Refunds outside of the money back guarantee will be at the discretion of Carers Cafe and will be re-credited to the debit / credit card originally used for the purchase of the item. Such refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the claim. Carers Cafe reserves the right to refuse a refund outside of the money back guarantee and their decision is final.
3.10 Registered users are able to cancel the purchase of an item prior to the point of sale, in which event no debit from the credit or debit card will be made by Carers Cafe.
3.11 Once the item has been made available to the registered user, cancellations will not be accepted unless covered by clause 3.7 above.
3.12 Carers Cafe accepts no liability beyond a refund of the cost of the item.
4. Videos and Eebinars – Terms and Conditions
- Trainer – the individual with knowledge on a topic of interest who delivers the training session(s)
- Subscriber – an individual or organisation who has paid Carers Cafe to access the online video-based library of training
- "Access" or "Accessing" means viewing, using, downloading the content or otherwise obtaining information on the Site
- Carers Cafe hereby grants each subscriber a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to access the content and information available according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the course fees and adherence to these Terms.
- Subscribers, whether individual or organisational, may not use the account, user name or password of someone else at any time, nor should they share their log in details with another person. Subscribers agree to notify Carers Cafe immediately of any unauthorised use or loss of their account, user name, password and/or credit card information. Subscribers also agree to notify Carers Cafe immediately if they are aware of or suspect other unauthorised use of their Teachable account and/or the Teachable content. Carers Cafe will not be liable for any loss that subscribers incur as a result of someone else using their user name and password with or without their knowledge. Subscribers may be held liable for any losses incurred by Carers Cafe, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents or representatives due to someone else’s use of their account, user name or password.
4.3 Contacting Carers Cafe trainers
- Subscribers can get in touch with trainers to ask questions about the course. For the aforementioned purposes CARERSCAFE provides trainers’ e-mail addresses via email to users.
4.4 Payment and pricing
- Carers Cafe reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. If we do not accept your order and your credit/debit card has already been debited, we will notify you and refund your card in full immediately.
- Carers Cafe use the personal and transactional information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, credit card details) subscribers supply only in order to fulfil their subscription order, unless they state otherwise. CARERSCAFE will retain subscribers personal contact details within its database for the purposes of marketing and other notifications related to their subscription. Subscribers credit card details are not retained by CARERSCAFE but are passed to external payment processors, PayPal and Stripe.
- Carers Cafe endeavours to provide the highest quality content to its subscribers. To that end, Carers Cafe reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of any online course in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, access and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this site.
4.5 Subscribers must not:
- Copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on The Carers Cafe web site.
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark, legal notices, or other proprietary notations from the content available on The Carers Cafe web site.
- Transfer The Carers Cafe content to another person; “frame,” “mirror,” “in-line link,” or employ similar navigational technology to the site content; or “deep link” to the site content.
- Subscribers are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and internet service necessary for use of The Carers Cafe web site and items.
5. Intellectual property, copyright notices and logos
5.1 For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Intellectual Property means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, trade marks, trade names and domain names, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, and renewals and extensions of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world.
5.2 Intellectual Property appearing on the site which is the copyright of Edge To Edge Thinking or of the author asserting copyright as it appears alongside the publication, must not be used, distributed, sold, adapted or reproduced in any medium without licence.
5.3 The use of the CARERSCAFE logo indicates that the material was developed from the resources of the Edge To Edge Thinking organisation.
5.4 Clauses 5.1 to 5.3 are in addition to the information held in Carers Cafe's copyright statement.
6. Personal Responsibility and Assumption of Risk
6.1 As a user, you agree that you are using your own judgment in using our items and you agree that you are doing so at your own risk. Any online item is produced for informational and educational purposes only. You agree and understand that you assume all risks and no results are guaranteed in any way related to our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials. Our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials are merely to provide you with education and tools to help you make your own decisions for yourself. You are solely responsible for your actions, decisions and results based on the use, misuse or non-use of our Programs, Products, Services and Program Materials.
6.2 Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are not to be perceived as or relied upon in any way as medical advice or mental health advice. The information provided through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, therapist, counsellor, mental health practitioner, licensed dietitian or nutritionist, member of the clergy, or any other licensed or registered health care professional. We are not giving medical, psychological, or religious advice whatsoever.
6.3 Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are not to be perceived or relied upon in any way as business, financial or legal advice. The information provided through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice that can be provided by your own accountant, lawyer, or financial advisor. We are not giving financial or legal advice in any way. You are hereby advised to consult with your own accountant, lawyer or financial advisor for any and all questions and concerns you have regarding your own income and taxes pertaining to your specific financial and/or legal situation.
6.4 You agree that we are not responsible for your personal development, the success or failure of your decisions, the increase or decrease of your well being, or any other result of any kind that you may have as a result of information presented to you through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials. You are solely responsible for your results.
6.5 You agree that your results are strictly your own and we are not liable or responsible in any way for your results.
7.0 Your Conduct
7.1 You agree that you will not use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any way that causes or is likely to cause the Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials, or access to them either to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to this Website and its Content and to us.
7.2 You will use the Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials in any of the following ways:
For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise carry out any unlawful activity
To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing, abusive, threatening, objectionable, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringing of any intellectual property rights, or that may otherwise may injure others.
To send, negatively impact, or infect our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials with software viruses or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam, whether intended or not.
To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your contributions.
8.0 Viewing by Others.
8.1 You agree to keep confidential information safe whether personal or financial whilst in the Carers Cafe's. Note that whenever you make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others such as through our Carers Cafe's zoom room, Programs, Products, Services, or Program Materials, our Website or social media, the Confidential Information or Other Information that you share also can be seen and/or heard, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized use by others of such Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share online or in any other manner.
9.0 Medical Disclaimer.
9.1 Our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials are not to be perceived as or relied upon in any way as medical advice or mental health advice. The information provided through our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your own physician, nurse practitioner, therapist, counsellor, mental health practitioner, dietitian or nutritionist, member of the clergy, or any other licensed or registered health care professional. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of information you have read in our Programs, Products, Services, and Program Materials, or received from us. Do not stop taking any medications without speaking to your physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, mental health provider or other health care professional. If you have or suspect that you have a medical or mental health issue, contact your own health care provider promptly. We are not providing health care, medical or nutrition therapy services or attempting to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure in any manner whatsoever any physical ailment, or any mental or emotional issue, disease or condition. We are not giving medical, psychological, or religious advice whatsoever.
10.0 Links to Other Websites.
10.1 We may provide links and pointers to other websites maintained by third parties that may take you outside of our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. These links are provided for your convenience and the inclusion of any link in our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials to any other website does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or approval of that website or its owner. We do not endorse and we are not responsible for the views, opinions, facts, advice, or statements provided by external resources referenced in our Website or its Content, or their accuracy or reliability. We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions caused by other websites that may be included our Programs, Products, Services or Program Materials. We have no control over the contents or functionality of those websites and so we accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, or otherwise that may arise from your use of them and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any other website or their content. It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those linked websites to confirm that you understand and agree with those policies.